What is PHP?
- PHP Hypertext preprocessor is a general-purpose server-side scripting language originally designed for web development to make dynamic web pages.
- PHP is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.
- PHP is open source code ,free to download .
What are the Pre-requisites to learn PHP ?
Basic Knowldge of the following languages.
- Java script
What is a PHP File ?
- PHP files have a file extension of “.php”, “.php3”, or “.phtml”
- PHP file can have images,text,HTML tags.
Why use PHP for developing website?
- Simple to learn, use and powerfull.
- Php run on many platform (window,Linux etc)
- Many open source project are avaliable that can be use or modify.
WHERE TO START?
To start with PHP
- Intstall Web Server (Apache).
- Intstall PHP
- Install Mysql
Download PHP for free here: http://www.php.net/downloads.php
Download MySQL for free here: http://www.mysql.com/downloads/index.html
Download Apache for free here: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Download a nice text editor [Not required]
Most people would prefer to install a all-in-one solution:
WampServer for Windows platform or Linux Includes :